Sprezzatura is all woman, everything woman! Our vision is to inspire and transform you to own your confidence. Losing weight is much harder for women than men. There are complexities beyond simply cutting calories and watching the weight fall off. Emotional, Physical and Social barriers that simply aren’t addressed by a male-dominated fitness industry add to the difficulties women face in losing weight.
Over the last few years, there has been a dramatic rise in the prevalence of weight loss consultations at our practice. Looking at the statistics, in South Africa, 68 per cent of women and 31 per cent of men are overweight or obese (Heart Foundation: Online). Despite all the interest and attempts to lose weight, the obesity numbers are still alarmingly high. Patients may lose weight successfully through reduced calorie eating plans, macro nutrient control, intermittent fasting, medications, and supplements to name a few… but sadly the weight is rarely kept off with as many as 80 – 95% regaining the hard-lost weight (Wing & Phelan:2005).
When a patient has a history of medical conditions or many failed weight loss attempts, a good starting point is to order a few blood tests. Suggested panel is:
• Thyroid Hormone Assessments to determine the master gland of metabolism’s function.
• Vitamin D Status – higher vitamin D levels are associated with weight loss success and greater loss of abdominal fat, according to research released at the Endocrine Society’s 91st Annual Meeting in Washington D.C (June 2009).
• Cortisol – high“stress” hormone levels may increase abdominal fat deposition.
• Insulin Resistance Assessment – an excess of insulin encourages the body to store unused glucose as fat.
• Testosterone Status – testosterone is crucial to build muscle and lose fat in both men and women.
• Female Sex Hormone Status – an imbalance can impact the ability to lose weight.
• Liver Function Assessment – the liver is the primary organ responsible for detoxification, fat burning & excretion and ridding the body of hormonal waste.
All diets work, and all diets fail.
There are multiple biological, psychological, and social reasons why using diets to lose weight will end with weight regain. Psychology Today explains that physiologically, one has to continue eating lower calories to keep the weight off. You will set yourself up to fail if you kick off your weight loss journey with unsustainable restriction. Psychologically, “banning backfires”. Seeing certain foods as ‘forbidden’ mayinevitably lead to overeating (Hagan: Online). Feelings of guilt or avoiding social situations over food arealso not conducive to a healthy lifestyle or sustaining weight loss.
Keeping the weight off
According to the Heart Foundation, successful long-term weight loss is more likely when using a comprehensive approach that includes changing eating habits, increasing activity levels, and making changes to behavioural habits that can be continued long term (Heart Foundation: Online). This may sound like a complicated and difficult undertaking; but it doesn’t have to be.
From the laboratories of Torus Health Care comes a tech-med aligned multi-disciplined and differentiated weight loss program– Sprezzatura.
“Sprezzatura” is an Italian nounpronounced sprez·za·tu·ra or\ sprāt-tsä-ˈtü-rä\. The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines it as studied nonchalance,graceful conduct or performance without apparent effort.
The program aims to ease the weight loss process and ensure long term results. The multi-disciplined approach is built on 3 pillars:
• Physical –an oral supplement with herbal, adaptogens, thermogenics, nootropics, vitamins and minerals to facilitate weight loss.
• Behaviour–Behavioral changesare encouraged to improve and maintain confidence and healthy habits while addressing emotional eating and food addiction.
• Digital – an integrated platformto:
• drivepersonalizationby choosing a lifestyle plan that suits you
• guide and educate
• view informative videos from expert guests
• access support groups
• track health and progress
The Sprezzatura Formula
The oralsupplement formulation is designed to target 9 avenues of weight loss:
• Appetite suppression and cravings
• Breakdown of fat cells and fat storage
• Carbohydrate blocking
• Mood stabilization and emotional eating
• Ketosis with a boost in metabolism
• Fast, sustained all-day ATP energy production
• Reduction of metabolic inflammation
• Restoration of gut health
• Metabolic syndrome improvement
This is achieved through a synergistic combination of natural and herbal extracts, including Alpha Lipoic Acid, Ashwagandha, Coenzyme Q10, Garcinia Cambogia,Green Coffee Bean Extract,Green Tea Extract,and Guarana Seed Extractto name a few.
Sprezzatura also has CelluCutobtained from a unique variety of Cantaloupe melon, exclusively grown in the South of France. The original composition of 100% natural melon juice concentrate with a high source of natural and protected Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), make for how this trademarked ingredient proves to be effective in the visible reduction of hip and waist circumference and the dimpled effect of skin on the thighs and buttocks.
Hagan, E. (2020). Why Do Most Diets Fail in the Long Run? In PsychologyToday.com. Retrieved October 19, 2021, from https://www.psychologytoday.com/za/blog/mind-body-food/202008/why-do-most-diets-fail-in-the-long-run.
Heart Foundation. (n.d.). Healthy Weight. In HeartFoundation.co.za. Retrieved October 18, 2021, from https://www.heartfoundation.co.za/healthy-weight/.
Merriam-Webster. (n.d.). Sprezzatura. In Merriam-Webster.com dictionary. Retrieved October 18, 2021, from https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sprezzatura .
Wing, R.R. &Phelan, S. (2005). Long-term weight loss maintenance, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 82, Issue 1, July, Pages 222S–225S, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/82.1.222S
In conjunction with a holistic approach to training and mind coaching that will help you get physically healthy and emotionally healthy while owning the self-love and getting your sexy back.
One day, or day one. You decide…
For more information: www.sprezzatura.net.za