Improving Staff Retention through Creating an Outstanding Work Culture. Your Most Important Assets Are . . . People.
A not to be missed 2 Day International Seminar brought to you by Les Nouvelles Esthetiques and keynote international speakers, Bill and Lori Hutchinson, which will transform your spa business
Dates: 10 & 11 July 2012
Venue: Green Genes Wellness Centre, Craighall Park, Johannesburg
Cost: R 3200 – SA Spa Association Members
R 3750 for Non-Members
The Seminar covers the topic of Improving Staff Retention through Creating an Outstanding Work Culture. Your Most Important Assets Are . . . People.
· An understanding of his/her own interactive behaviors and how to adapt those behaviors to others. We would use the Personal Profile System instrument which will yield a profile for each participant. This profile will increase their effectiveness in a range of people situations and provide insights into the behavior of others. Research evidence supports the conclusion that the most effective people are those who know themselves, recognize the demands of the situation, and adapt strategies to meet those needs.
· How to recruit the best people for the positions that match their skills, experience, and personality
· How to provide staff regular appraisals of performance that are meaningful and effective
· Specific Ideas to motivate people and retain staff, including ones that don’t cost money
· Learn valuable aspects on being a leader of people
About the speakers
Lori Hutchinson started her career in hospitality human resources at San Francisco’s Stanford Court Hotel in 1978. In 1982 she opened Campton Place Hotel as Director of Human Resources and stayed in that position until 1986 when she accepted the position of Director of Human Resources at Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa. In 1993, Lori Hutchinson founded Hutchinson Consulting, a hospitality management recruiting firm. Between 2005 and 2011 Lori, her husband, Bill and their team have placed 252 hospitality managers and executives, including 76 people in spa related companies primarily in the United States and eight others outside of the US. She served as a member of the Board of Directors of the International Spa Association (ISPA) from 2007 – 2010. Lori was born and raised in Des Moines Iowa, graduated from the University of Iowa with a Bachelor of Arts degree, and is the mother of two – Kate and Tucker.
Bill Hutchinson developed his training skills as Director of Training for United Way of the Bay Area in the late 1970’s. In the early 1980’s, as a partner in Otter Hutchinson & Associates, he provided consulting services to Bay Area nonprofits, then founded and directed The Interfaith Task Force on Central America. Bill is an ordained minister of the United Church of Christ and an award-winning author for his book: When the Dogs Ate Candles: A Time in El Salvador. He is a graduate of Pomona College, holds advanced degrees in Education and Theology, and is certified in Management and Training by the National Academy of Volunteerism and the National Society of Fund Raising Executives. Together, he and Lori have built Hutchinson Consulting into a nationally recognized hospitality recruiting firm.
For more information or to secure your booking contact Les Nouvelles Esthetiques on 011 447 9959 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPACE IS UNFORTUNATELY LIMITED